26AAuthor: Diana Evans
Stock: This title will be ordered from the publisher. Usually ships in 10 - 15 days. Publisher may be out of stock in which case we will advise you. Allow a few extra days for delivery.
Add this book to your reading list
1. ‘There were thoughts with bows and thoughts without.’ Can you find other examples of where the twins’ own thoughts are invested with the life and persona of the twin’s outward appearances? What is the effect of this narrative technique? Do you like it, and do you find it a unique way of writing?
2. Discuss the significance of the characters’ time in Sekon and how it impacts on the rest of their lives. Did you find that Evan’s use of colours to tell her story changed in any way after this time?
3. How important is magic realism as a device for Evans to tell her story? Find some examples of this technique and consider why they are significant to the novel.
4. It was the first time ever, in this land of twoness in oneness, that something had seemed unsayable.’ Discuss what impact the ‘cartwheel’ incident with Sedrick has on the twin’s relationship.
5. How necessary is a belief in mythology or mysticism to your enjoyment of this novel?